Software Engineer - C, Python, Assembly, Multithreading
US Citizenship Required
You know that great feeling you get when you solve a really tricky problem with a brilliant solution? We feel that a lot over here. We're looking for the creative and the brilliant - those who can craft software to meet our customers' needs and make the world a safer place. Our work is exciting and relevant to the latest technical challenges plaguing our nation's security!
Technically Sophisticated! Our group is working on industry-leading Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technologies and we are looking for motivated software engineers with experience developing on embedded Linux platforms and knowledge of networking protocols. We are setting new standards for what is possible in the field of DPI and have some of the best and the brightest in the industry working on our team. If you are looking to work with a team that is pushing the limits of technology, then this is the job for you.
Personal Development! Not only can you work with other outstanding engineers, you can grow your career and explore new areas of interest. We offer flexible rotations within our larger organization so you can continue to enhance your technical skills in embedded programming or explore new technologies such as big data crunching with Hadoop, coding high speed applications in C++, web front end work, or building Java enterprise solutions. No matter what your career aspirations are, we can help provide you with the opportunities you're looking for.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or related field. (Four additional years of experience can be substituted for a degree.)
* Proficiency in C, Python, and Assembly language programming
* Experience programming in a Linux environment
* Active Top Secret clearance
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and will be required to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. Top Secret clearance required.
* Good understanding of software development principles, data structures, and algorithms
* Programming language fluency in C/C++
* Embedded development
* Cross compilation
* Network protocols and configurations
* Networking hardware (Switching ASICs, Network Processors, Network Interface Chipsets, etc.)
* Reverse engineering
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.