Candidates for this position are software engineers with strong programming skills who demonstrate curiosity, continuous learning, and an ability to adapt. Ideal candidates have a background in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning along with diverse knowledge and a wide variety of interests, especially in cellular / wireless communications. Hands-on experience in embedded software development is also beneficial. Our products are developed to very high standards of quality and reliability and you will be expected to learn and conform to the department's software process during all development activities. You will have the opportunity to create proof-of-concept and low-volume specialty communications products for government and private industry.
* Participate in cutting edge artificial intelligence (AI) research and product development, focused on embedded, edge device wireless communication systems.
* Develop solutions for real world systems, leveraging AI/ML algorithms for standalone products and to enhance existing Applied Technology offerings.
* Collaborate with multi-disciplinary product development teams to identify performance improvement opportunities and integrate trained models.
* Perform duties in all areas of development (i.e. requirements analysis, high and low-level design, coding, model training and evaluation, documentation, real world testing, and validation).
* Hands-on interaction with product hardware for developing and debugging.
* Experience with AI/ML frameworks (TensorFlow, Caffe, or MXNet) and knowledge of neural network fundamentals.
* Experience with GPU programming with CUDA, OpenCL and/or GPU-based software acceleration libraries
* Flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision. Projects can vary greatly from one to the next, so you must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
* Willingness to learn one or more wireless communication standards (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, iDEN, Tetra, etc.).
* Ability to meaningfully communicate with members of all engineering disciplines (Hardware, RF, Software, FPGA, etc), as well as management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent understanding of real-time embedded software design and be proficient in Linux, C, C++, Python and other software languages and operating systems.
* Agile software development and/or Git/JIRA experience is a plus.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.