How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon is the prime contractor for the Air Operations Center Weapon System Long -Term Modification and Sustainment (AOC WS LTM&S) Team providing the sustainment and transformation for the Air Force Weapon System. We have immediate openings for junior platform reliability engineers to support and automate specific infrastructure offerings.
What you'll do
* As a member of a small cross functional squad, you'll own a particular platform and/or infrastructure challenge at the Kessel Run Experimental Lab (KREL), part of the AOC WS
* Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems within your squad's domain
* Undertake measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complicated systems under pressure
* Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend
Who you are
* An interest in developing deep knowledge of a component of the Kessel Run platform and a passing familiarity with all layers of the platform stack. You should be confident discussing in detail what's going on under the hood, and tracking down a team member to ask questions when you are not.
* You are or want to become comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
* You have or want to earn a track record of designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy
* You have or want to develop strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python, Java, with smatterings of shell script, Ruby, and Angular.
* You are familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
* You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
* You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance.
* Familiarity with platform services
* Exposure to a scripting (Python, bash) and/or programming language (Java)
* Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD release processes
* Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
* Exposure to DevOps platform build automation tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
* Familiarity with Linux system troubleshooting and administration
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of related work experience. 142982BR 142982
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.