Forward Slope currently has an opening for a Jr. Front-End Software Engineer to join our team. The position is located in San Diego, CA.
The scope of the work includes architecture, design, analysis and support of C4ISR systems at the Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center (SSC) Pacific. This effort will address software engineering on a variety of programs such as DCGS-N Inc 2 and ACS 3. This position requires candidate to be familiar with a wide variety of enterprise and big data software packages.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics and at least two (2) years of Software Development experience.
* Valid non-expired Security+, CISSP, CASP, or equivalent certification.
* Proficient with HTML5, CSS and at least one CSS Preprocessor (SASS/SCSS).
* Experience with developing applications interfacing with REST APIs.
* Experience developing work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members.
* Experience designing and implementing tests to verify proper system operation.
* Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend solutions and technologies based on customer needs.
* Experience writing unit tests in frameworks just as Jest.
* Experience with Configuration Management, DevOps, and Continuous Integration tools such as Git, Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket.
* Working Linux/UNIX knowledge (including scripting: bash/perl/python/ruby).
* Experience with Web Application servers such as JBoss EAP, Tomcat, Jetty, or Node.JS.
* Experience with Messaging protocols and frameworks such as Websockets, AMQP.
* Experience with Mapping technologies such as CJMTK/ArcGIS.
* Experience with Ozone Widget Framework (OWF/OZP).
* Experience with Agile Software Methodologies and tools.
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, AWS, Azure, and developing within a virtualized/containerized environment.
* Commercial certification or a certificate of completion for Linux+ (LX0-101, LX0-102).
* Active SCI Clearance.
Forward Slope Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disable