Chuck E. Cheese (CEC Entertainment)
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment is seeking Junior Engineer, Network Services, to join our team in our Corporate Support Center located in Irving, TX. CEC Entertainment is the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese's and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants.
The Junior Network Services Engineer, maintains systems engineering support for various network platforms, including technical support, software/systems configuration, and data center related activities; is engaged in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases in accordance with established direction and standards. The Junior Network Services Engineer carries out all work in accordance with CEC Infrastructure engineering standards and program documentation requirements; and, is involved as required with other computing architectures such as security, virtualized servers, hosting environments, intranet, and Web platforms.
* Supports the Support Center Objectives, including: "If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is."
* Build, develop, and maintain network endpoints, this includes but is not limited to routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access devices, and telephony equipment. These devices will be both end-user and infrastructure facing.
* Carries out work in accordance with CEC Infrastructure engineering standards and program documentation requirements
* Works within Infrastructure team to design, implement, document, and support network devices, as needed.
* Executes multiple project priorities and provides technical and administrative support as necessary; ensures appropriate management is apprised of operational status of projects
* Communicates critical information to management, users, and staff as necessary
* Provide business and technical consultation and support to users and other technical units
* Ensures stable performance for the CEC network environment; undertake performance monitoring/analysis, identifies and resolves bottlenecks, resolves problems, and produces performance reports for management; provides business application users and management with a well-tuned network device
* Provides business applications with resources for their tactical requirements
* Ensures network devices and related systems are maintained at the highest level of support; works in accordance with procedures and provides technical supervision and consulting for junior systems engineering staff; provides reliable and secure system for business applications
* Ensure data pertaining to the status of problems and service requests is entered into problem tracking systems accurately and promptly on a daily basis; provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog
* Ensure the network device environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintain currency with operating system and support software; plan and implement major software upgrades; ensure change and security management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* ITIL v3 Foundations certification preferred
* Familiarity with the planning, design, engineering, implementation and operations of WAN, LAN, Wireless Network, Firewalls, load-balancers, and associated components.
* Experience in administering a large quantity of network devices. Network devices includes but is not limited to routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access devices and telephony equipment.
* Experience with the administration in the following:
o Cisco / Meraki switching and routing
o Ruckus wireless
o Fortinet firewalls
o Firmware and config management
o Change Management
o Environment documentation
o Security audits
* Familiarity with Internet and infrastructure protocols and standards including: TCP/IP, ICMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, IPSEC, QOS, etc.
* Familiarity and knowledge of VLAN architecture and design
* Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and solve them, creating solutions that is practical, cost effective, and reliable and meets the needs of the business.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills. Must be able to demonstrate flexibility based on audience communication requirements.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 - 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8 hour shift, with frequent overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 600 Chuck E. Cheese's stores located in 47 states and 11 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 140 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
About Chuck E. Cheese (CEC Entertainment)
Chuck E. Cheese's features games, rides, prizes, food and entertainment that children of all ages will love.