The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program is developing the next-generation weather satellite system and operating the current weather satellite constellation to provide decision quality weather data to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the nation's weather data users. Raytheon is developing, deploying, and sustaining the JPSS Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S), the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS), and the Field Terminal Segment (FTS).
For more information on JPSS, see: https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/jpss
The Mission Operations Team (MOT) of Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is seeking an entry-level Systems Administrator (SA) to provide help desk level support to the JPSS Common Ground System (CGS). The position is located at the NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland, and Raytheon's facility at Riverdale, Maryland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering computers and storage systems used for real-time command and control of JPSS satellites. The entry-level SA will report to the Lead System Administrator and perform tasks assigned.
The successful candidate is a practitioner of excellent customer service.
Must be able to pass a national agency background check in order to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) for access to customer IT systems.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Serves as first contact between customer and the systems administrator team with high-level attention to customer service. Conveys resolutions to customer concerns and requests.
* Create, update, and remove user accounts and privileges.
* Assist SAs in ensuring all computer and storage resources are configured and maintained to system baseline.
* Assist senior-level SAs with collecting artifacts required for both troubleshooting and restoration in the event of resource failures.
* Monitor local system usage logs, identify trends, and analyze data on system resource usage.
* Reconfigure the system as necessary based on that analysis to ensure maximum level of availability for operations.
* Perform regular account audits and identify any account issues to management
* Provide weekly status to management on help desk ticket counts and burn down
* Modify/update existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Performs configuration management duties as needed.
* Properly escalate unresolved issues/queries to the next level of support.
* Track, route, and redirect problems to proper resources.
* Demonstrated ability to self-manage work assignments with minimal supervision.
* Solid knowledge of Windows account management
* Experience in configuring server and storage hardware(Windows7/Server 2008R2 and Linux (CentOS & SUSE).
* Ability to diagnose and resolve common server, storage, and network related problems.
* The position is staffed 24/7. Normal work hours are 8am to 5pm; however, various mission activities will require a flexible work schedule, including On-call rotation sometimes during off-hours, weekends and possibly holidays depending on mission needs such as prep for upcoming satellite launches.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Experience in the IBM Rational Suite of systems.
* Basic Operating System knowledge in Windows and/or Linux.
University Degree in STEM discipline and less than 2 years experience,
Minimum of eight years relevant experience will be considered in lieu of college degree.
138917BR 138917 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MD - Suitland
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.