Jira System Administrator San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
IT&S delivers technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We are the accelerator to the Dropbox business engine. We think of our team as a future-focused city planner for the Dropbox neighborhoods. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
As the Jira System Administrator, you will be the technical owner of Jira at Dropbox. Jira is a core application used by IT and other teams at Dropbox. You will responsible for ensuring that Jira is running and performing optimally at all times. You will be a key partner and SME working with the PMO to align Jira to our SDLC and best practices for running Agile. You will also be working with various users of the system on front-end configurations and support. You are naturally curiosity and like to solve problems. You are customer-centric.
In this role, you will:
* Be the technical System Administrator and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Jira
* Manage system performance, network connectivity and maintain operability
* Day to day systems administration including performance tuning and ensuring proper scaling to match usage growth.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues
* Plan and execute migrations and version upgrades
* Design and implement workflows and system configurations
* Evaluate, make recommendations and manage various plugins and APIs
* Work with endusers on front-end configuration
* Align with the PMO on processes and standards
* Maintain other systems
* 3-5+ years as a Jira System Administrator
* Experience supporting the system architecture of both cloud and server instances of Jira
* Experience working in IT Operations with typical system administration responsibilities related to networking, databases and user directories
* Experience using JIRA Rest API for viewing, editing, creating tickets
* Ability to create/modify scripts using Script Runner (groovy) or python
* Strong knowledge of Linux
* SQL understanding the JIRA database architecture and experience with relational DB principles
* Experience managing dev/test/prod environments
* Experience performing Level 2 and Level 3 support functions
* Excellent communication skills and experience in supporting technical and non-technical staff.
* Solid understanding of Agile principles project management methodologies
* Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or equivalent
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox (formerly known as Evenflow) is a company that provides a cloud storage and collaboration platform.