SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are looking for a Jira Administrator to participate in driving the adoption, maintenance, and expansion of Atlassian tools at SpaceX. We are heavy users of Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo. Candidates should have experience in administering complex Jira environments, migrating systems from other tools to Jira, and a building high-quality system in support of business operations. You'll have the opportunity to use your skills to build systems that will support rocket and spacecraft development and human spaceflight! The person in this position should have strong overall technical skills, excellent customer service skills, and superior organizational and prioritization management skills.
This candidate needs to be flexible and someone who will flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
* Establish and promote best practices for the usage of Atlassian tools.
* Help guide and maintain the organization of data in Atlassian tools.
* Design and support custom Jira workflows, fields, dashboards, and reports.
* Work with the systems and database teams to assure solid administration of the Linux servers and MS-SQL environments supporting the Atlassian tools.
* At least 2 years of experience with Jira administration and/or development.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or similar technical discipline.
* Excellent understanding of Jira workflows, schemes, and existing plugins in the Atlassian Marketplace.
* Experience customizing and working with Jira via scripting languages or system customizations.
* Familiarity with database and MS-SQL administration, and demonstrated competency in writing SQL queries.
* A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
* Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.