More About the Role:
The Jenkins SME will manage multiple DevOps tools including configuration, setup and administration. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they adopt DevOps tools and automate successfully. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in DevOps related training activities for application teams. The Jenkins SME position is a hands-on technical expert.
Must be US Citizen (customer requirement) and able to obtain as Public Trust clearance
What You'll Get to Do:
* Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several application teams into TI provided DevOps tools.
* Provides expert technical guidance to application teams to adopt and leverage DevOps tools.
* Performs troubleshooting within DevOps tools both independently and in conjunction with application teams and infrastructure teams, as needed.
* Performs DevOps tools administration to include, but not limited to, access requests, creating repositories/groups/folders/permission targets, creating automation scripts, and performing tool upgrades.
* Transforms automation strategies for application teams from planning to technical implementation.
* Support DevOps tools Authority to Operate (ATO), Plan of Action & Milestones (POAM), and other security related activities.
* Provides training materials and training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
* Subject matter expert for continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies.
* Ability to automate workflows through scripting such as Bash or other technologies such as Ansible.
* Expert level experience implementing, maintaining and administering Jenkins front-end and back-end for software builds, continuous deployment, and advanced automation in an Enterprise HA environment.
* Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub.
* Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
* Ability to troubleshoot issues within DevOps tools, and between DevOps tools and application teams.
* Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications, and system development lifecycles in a large scale IT environment.
* Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages.
* Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
* Knowledge of Cloud fundamentals a plus.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.