Provides design, implementation, and maintenance of a high-availability, business process and direct support of JDE Edwards with Oracle environment. Utilizes industry best practices to design, develop and implement updates and new enhancements to JDE.
* Provide functional and technical support for the procurement, subcontract management, financial, job cost and contract billing modules for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne version 9.x ERP Software.
* Effectively communicate, work with and liaise between internal JDE clients (management, staff, and end users), JDE support team members (management and staff), other IT groups and 3rd-party vendors
* Assist in defining functional and technical implementation project plans
* Develop functional and technical requirements, specifications and end user documentation.
* Directly support end users with application related issues.
* Serve as a Business Analyst for J.D. Edwards Enterprise One, and other supporting business applications.
* Analyze, design, and develop new business applications and application enhancements.
* Support company wide projects related to the J.D .Edwards applications, including but not limited to developing and maintaining reports and interfaces, project migrations and provide functional and technical support.
* Develop and implement system interfaces and integration programs.
* Develop new custom reports and enhance existing.
* Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
* Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
* Conduct research on emerging JDE functionality and enhancements and complementary software
* Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards
* Support JDE EnterpriseOne CNC, BI, One View watch lists and reporting, AIS and mobile.
* Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
* Provides analysis and recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability, redundancy and performance, reducing costs and Company growth and acquisitions.
* Supports all escalations from the IT Helpdesk; provides after-hours and on-call support.
* Supports all escalations to repair JDE issues.
* Works with IT Department to analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues and recommends solutions for changing needs.
* Authors technical documentation using MS Visio, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Systems.
* 5+ years experience working in a high-availability JDE environment.
* Proficient knowledge in JDE Edwards. Hands-on expertise in all areas of JDE administration including Windows OS, enterprise backup solutions, JDE and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* In-depth knowledge of JDE Enterprise One Modules: Financials, Procurement, Inventory, Sales, Advanced Pricing, Warehousing, and Transportation.
* In-depth knowledge of the JDE database structures and how the application uses the database.
* Experienced in JDE on Oracle ODA environment with OVM.
* In-depth knowledge and use of JDE API's, BSSV, Softshare and DS.
* Understanding of different operating environments (DV, PY, PD) and associated object promotion rules.
* Experience with integrating data with applications outside JDE
* Ability to design new JDE interactive programs and to modify existing JDE interactive programs.
* Ability to design and develop custom UBE's for processing or updating data, and reporting.
* Ability to design new JDE NERs and Business Functions to ensure efficient data processing.
* Familiarity with JDE CNC functions.
* A high degree of confidentiality required.
* Ability to be on-call beyond normal business hours and on weekends.