The Solution Architecture Lead is a key member of the Solution Architecture team who designs, tests and delivers solutions supporting Order To Cash, Forecast To Deliver and Procure To Pay. The role works closely with the business-based Process Owners and Key Users to ensure that requirements are well defined and that solutions meet those requirements. Key responsibilities include the creation of business requirements and draft technical specifications as well as effective project management skills. This role provides subject matter expertise on the related business processes, configuration and data structures within the JD Edwards ERP systems and associated bolt-on applications.
* As a Lead, provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the Solutions Architecture team and other IT teams.
* Collaborate with end users and management to define business requirements and functional specifications.
* Acts as a solution architect in partnership with line of business staff.
* Partners with the business to define requirements and leads the effort to identify solutions to meet those requirements.
* Researches emerging solutions and technologies and creates assessments of key benefits and risks of changing technology. Active contributor to strategic roadmaps.
* Influences technology decisions and direction.
* Identifies and is evangelistic with the commonization of business processes and system functionality and designs.
* Develops and manages productive relationships within IT and with business leaders and staff.
* Ensures delivery of assigned service requests and regular communication with users during the delivery process.
* Ensures robust test plans are developed to support User Acceptance Testing. Serves as the IT owner of user acceptance testing.
* Via collaboration with other IT team members, ensures comprehensive cutover plans are created and performed for projects and changes.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
* A minimum of five years of experience preferably in Consumer Products or Food Manufacturing.
* A minimum of five years of hands-on software design and development experience.
* A minimum of five years of experience in a senior analyst role designing and implementing ERP solutions, specifically JD Edwards.
* A minimum of two years of experience with Advanced Planning and Scheduling solutions such as Logility, i2, Manugistics, SAP APO, etc.
* Broad knowledge of technologies and tools with ability to lead and manage project teams.
* Strong experience with various software requirements definition, development and quality assurance methodologies.
* Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong experience in successfully communicating concepts to both technical staff as well as non-technical business users.
* Experience managing budgets and forecasting future needs.
* Customer service and skills experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
* Experience working in a global or multi-national environment.
* Fluent in the MS Office suite, MS Visio and MS Project solutions.
* On average 20% travel is required.
* Professional & Relationships. Makes efforts to understand the customer (internal and external), anticipates their needs, gives high priority to customer satisfaction while exhibiting professional behaviors.
* Continuous Improvement. Design, develop and implement improvements to existing processes utilizing best practices where applicable.
* Team Skills. Contributes to team development and performance to achieve team and organizational goals. Contributes to a positive work environment through own behavior.
* Leadership Behaviors. Team building and motivating others.
* Critical Thinking in a self-directed manner
About Sensient Technologies Corporation
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer