CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! CBS Interactive Advanced Media provides live and on-demand video to hundreds of colleges. CBS Interactive Advanced Media is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes CBSSports.com, premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and Sportsline. CBS Interactive Advanced Media is looking for an experienced Software Developer for our engineering team. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude and mad coding skills.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer to join our high performing video engineering team. This role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the CBS Interactive Advanced Media live and on-demand video streaming cloud based platform.
* Collaborate with team members to develop new product features
* Support and enhance core software infrastructure that powers live and on demand video workflows
* Coordinate with various internal and external business and technical stakeholders to execute on the overall platform development strategy
* Designing scalable software solutions for our core live and on demand video workflows in AWS MediaLive
* Development of an encoder management cloud infrastructure and interface that is utilized by an internal video operations team
* Designing scalable API endpoints for use by 3rd parties to access the video management systems
What you bring to the team:
You have -
* BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
* You're a problem solver; you embrace getting your hands dirty with unfamiliar technologies
* Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking for product development with the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, agile and team-oriented environment
* Experience working with a microservices architecture using AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and DynamoDB
* 4+ years of experience with software architecture, SOA and/or microservices architectures
* 4+ years of experience writing REST based web services and APIs
* 4+ years of experience with NodeJS
* 2+ years of experience with various video streaming technologies and formats and have experience working with mainstream open-source video libraries
* 2+ years of experience with AWS or another cloud technology provider
You might also have -
* Experience doing application delivery at an online company in digital media or in the telecommunications industry or at a broadcast company
* Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
* Experience with technologies like React.js, PHP, Python, Terraform
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled