POP: 17Dec2018 - 16Dec2022
Clearance: Top Secret. Clearance must be verifiable in JPAS.
Joint Staff J6 (JS J6) Information Technology and Knowledge Engineering Support (IT/KE)
MYMIC provides support the JS J6 DD CIO/ITS mission in four key functional areas: Knowledge Engineering, Information Technology Support, Information Technology (IT) Project Management, and eDocument, Task and Records Management (eDTRM).
The Joint Staff J6 Deputy Directorate for CIO/ITS provides technology synergy and requirements assistance to the Directorates, Senior Leadership, and the National Military Command Center via a team of embedded or centrally managed Knowledge Engineers. The team enables synergy by integrating requirements, initiatives, and developments to leverage JS knowledge and information to facilitate the JS decision-making process.
Joint Staff Information Environment Assessment:
* The contractor shall continually assess the Joint Staff Information Environment and recommend improvements using IT and collaborative tools to allow JS leaders to better leverage the JS knowledge and make timely, informed decisions.
* The contractor shall assess the utilization of IT capabilities and recommend IT process improvement initiatives.
* The contractor shall conduct technical analysis (as directed by the government) to enable data driven decisions to identify options or to validate courses of action in development and execution of Enterprise level services.
* The contractor shall provide data supported recommendations on Directorate proposed IT requirements, to include utility, integration and supportability of applications within the Enterprise and the Joint Information Environment (JIE).
Portal and Collaborative Tool Development and Support:
* Joint Staff's primary means of sharing information is through Sharepoint-based portals on NIPR and SIPR. The objective is to develop smart, consolidated, and aligned IT solutions across the Joint Staff and to provide problem resolution and mission-oriented customer technical interface.
* The contractor shall develop SharePoint and Knowledge Management tools based in support of user requirements.
* The contractor shall review and provide recommendations to Joint Staff Baseline Requirements Documents.
* The contractor shall develop workflows to streamline Joint Staff business processes.
* The contractor shall support the JS in development of a Knowledge Management strategy in which the JS will centralize data, standardize data elements, share database information, utilize common IT systems, and expose IT data/services for maximum information sharing.
* The contractor shall create, maintain, archive and present metrics in support of Joint Staff Knowledge Management transformation and process improvement efforts
* The contractor shall provide support to transition to newer KM/collaborative tool platforms and, if required, support transition/moving data to Enterprise hosted sites.
* The contractor shall keep the customer abreast of status, resolve issues as needed and facilitate solutions using enterprise IT capabilities and ensure services are aligned with the JS enterprise architecture, interoperable services and network centric enterprise services.
* The contractor shall provide recommendations and input in the development and/or update of Joint Staff Knowledge Management Directives
MUST have a TS clearance.
Education and Experience:
* KEs will have a
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college AND
* Two (2) years of below task related experience.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Per EO 11246, this federal contractor and subcontractor will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job functions.