Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
Do you love a good pull request? MITRE IT's Web Development department is looking for a web front end developer who loves what they do and wants to put their passion to good use helping us develop and improve our web applications.
In this role, you will work with product owners and a team of developers to develop and maintain custom web applications for MITRE employees. You will be primarily working in front end application development but will also have opportunities to work in all the layers of the web application stack: web services development, database interactions, and everywhere in between. There are also opportunities to expand your skills in mobile application development, data science, and machine learning as we define our future architectures.
Best of all, you will work with talented people, learn a lot, and get to introduce new ideas and concepts to an open-minded team.
* Work closely with other developers, designers, testers and project leads in a supportive working environment.
* Lead and execute medium to large size software application projects.
* Enhance and maintain existing applications written in a variety of languages and frameworks
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related degree.
* Task management skills and a proactive communicator. You'll be responsible for leading and executing medium to large sized projects.
* Experience with modern software methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
* Working knowledge of GIT, Database Systems (SQL or NoSQL), and unit testing concepts and frameworks
* Desire and ability to learn new technologies
* Experience with Node.js
* Experience with Vue.js or AngularJS.
* Experience with Python and/or Java
* Experience with mobile development - iOS, Android, responsive or progressive web apps.