CGI Federal is looking for a Java Web Developer to work at our Manassas, VA location. The selected candidate will provide Application Development duties to include:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Participate in learning and fixing existing Java modules and system design and Develop new Java Modules within the application.
* Help transition from Struts to the Spring/Hibernate framework
* Enhance existing and develop new J-unit automated test cases in the codebase.
* Able to collaborate with teammates on developing solutions but also to work independently to implement them.
* Able to provide daily issue support at Tier II level of Help Desk.
* Demonstrate active involvement in every phase of the software development life cycle, to include implementation and deployment.
* Adhere to all cybersecurity, configuration management and project requirements to include Fortify code reviews, Security Technical Implementation Guides compliance, requirements and software design documents and administration and maintenance manuals.
* Attend and contribute to Systems Engineering Technical Review meetings and process as defined by DoD Systems Engineering Plan, which involve both internal and external stakeholders.
* Attend and contribute to internal team meetings and required contractual documentation deliverables.
* Willingness to learn other programming languages, to include PowerBuilder.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience required. High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 9 years of directly related work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
* Active SECRET security clearance is required for employment; per Federal stipulation.
* Web Development Experience
* Oracle Relational Database
* Java Certified Programmer
* Security+ Certification (or other IAT Level II or higher certification) within 6 months from start
* Java Spring/Hibernate Frameworks
* Eclipse, JDeveloper, or NetBeans IDE
* Oracle Database
* Web Services
* X.509 certificates
* Section 508 Compliance
* Web Penetration testing
* Red Hat Linux
* PDF, Images, Optical Character Recognition
* PowerBuilder 12.x or higher - Windows Forms and Datawindows
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.