What you'll be doing...
This person will be working for a bill formatting application, that formats all letters and bills for customer communications, which is mission critical for Verizon Wireline, Wireless, and Telematics business operations.
This application serves core functions of processing billed data, applying business logic, formatting, storing and serving digital copy of letters and bills to all digital channels, Print Finishing of letters and bills to have those printed. This application interfaces with both customer facing and center facing functions like bill view, next bill summary, etc. The organization is in the process of migrating the legacy VISION billing application to a cloud based billing platform. The need for an experienced Solution Architect proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of solutions, including collecting customer requirements and assessing solution alternatives based on tradeoffs in cost, performance, reliability and security, and be able to partner with the Network, Business and other IT teams to recommend the most appropriate solution for the business projects. This position will be managing the execution process of one of the biggest investment that Verizon is making in next few years in modernizing the Billing systems. This requires practical skills and experience with many applications and technologies, and thorough knowledge of Billing and Finance systems. The position will also be responsible for architecting multiple business priority and competing projects in parallel; to name few, below are some major commitments.
* Deliver new pricing structures and plans for Consumer and B2B customers
* Support iconic device launches
* Support growth of IOT services
* Provide real time bill generation
* Migrate billing platform from VISION to cloud based solution to reduce MIPS and computing cost etc.
What we're looking for...
The position requires providing architectural direction, recommendation and implementation of operational efficiencies to support Wireless Billing platform. The position requires extensive Cloud and Open Source technical knowledge with Java, C/C++, Linux, Cassandra, Oracle,etc, and deep Telecom billing business and process knowledge, consulting / recommending process improvements, partnering with cross-functional IT groups, designing/recommending best systems architecture. Understanding and remediating security issues across the portfolio. The candidate must articulate operational metrics, explain complex billing processes, design and billing issues, propose operational efficiency changes to VP levels as needed.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Core Java, Spring / Camel Frameworks and associated optimzation and performance tuning experience.
* Experience in telecom OSS/BSS development and delivery with 3rd party products like Arbor/Netcracker/AMDOCs or equivalent billing systems.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years' experience in resource management, project prioritization, problem solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation.
* Eight or more years' experience in information technology, including leading project teams in systems analysis or software engineering.
* Five or more years' in any of these systems: Billing and Bill Formatting.
* Five or more years'experience in Relational Database like Oracle, DB2.
* Three or more years' experience in Cloud Native Applications - Public or Private Cloud deployment.
* Three or more years' experience in Cassandra, Apache SPARK, Kafka, Python.
* Understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
* Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.