Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented self-motivated junior Java Software Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Herndon/Dulles, VA area.
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions that results in compelling easy to use products in support of mission critical systems.
* Conducts independent, multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
* Work and participate in a Scrum team utilizing agile methodology best practices to deliver high quality products.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree field and a minimum of 2 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph clearance
* Experience or training related to a software development system and technology
* Ability to create documentation
* Ability to formulate and articulate an approach to solve problems
* Experience in the analysis, design, and development of databases
* Experience modifying existing software to correct errors allowing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve software performance
* Experience in design graphics and user interfaces
* Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new options
* Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), Agile Software
* Experience in Java/J2EE and foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns.
* Experience developing and maintaining Web Service Protocols, REST API's, and JSON is preferred.
* Experience developing and maintaining full stack web applications
* Experience developing and maintaining web applications while addressing accessibility concerns is preferred.
* Cloud experience and/or certifications
* Experience working in an Agile environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.