Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Java Software Engineer - RESTful APIs/Microservices
Req #: 190041389
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
JP Morgan Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda within the Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) which serves over 50 million customers, and builds on the success of the our market leading mobile and online service offerings. JPMC is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and create the most compelling digital experience in the financial services industry. We are looking for talent that will help us position JPMC as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments, enabling JPMC to deliver highly personalized, real time experiences that wow our customers.
CCB is advancing towards a transformation where high velocity software engineering of business capabilities is paramount. This strategy is being driven by the increasing use of digital platforms on the part of our customers as they bank with us and the evolution of financial products and services and their potential integration into digital banking ecosystems.
Cloud, microservices, APIs, event streaming, eventual consistency and data at the edge are the technologies which are driving the future architecture at JPMC. We are the accelerator team on the forefront of maturing these technologies by applying them to solve complex production use cases. Our team operates with a "start-up" mentality and takes pride in owning an objective to completion. We believe deeply in agile principles as well as T-Shaped developers who think Test and Automate first. If hands-on development is your passion and you are enthusiastic about cutting-edge technologies, this position may be a great fit for you.
In this position, you will be relied on to:
* Contribute to the technical direction for the project
* Define, design, develop, test, deploy, and support microservices that comprise mission-critical enterprise applications
* Automate development, testing, and deployment processes
* Participate and lead in knowledge share initiatives such as:
* Team Demos
* Intra team assistance
* Hub level sessions at Innovation Week, PowerUp, TechFest, Ignite Week, etc.
* Demos/presentations to the Digital/CCB audience
To qualify for this position, you need:
* B.S in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
* 5+ years minimum experience utilizing Java platforms and technologies for development of mission-critical enterprise applications
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented principals
* Strong understanding of REST architectural style, RESTful APIs and RESTful Web Services
* Experience working with the core Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
* Working knowledge of utilizing and administering Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (e.g. Git, Subversion) for software development
Additionally, demonstrate a depth of knowledge in some of the following areas:
* Domain-driven design (DDD)
* Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams (Java 8)
* Building mission-critical applications based on Microservices Architecture
* Test automation with Cucumber
* Software development using TDD techniques
* NoSQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
* Apache Kafka
* Netflix OSS
* Cloud Foundry
* Designing and building Reactive Systems
* Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) supported by Jenkins or similar automation servers
* Log management with Splunk or ELK
* Distributed Cache (GemFire, Hazelcast, Memcached)
Key Personal Attributes of a successful team member:
* Passion for development
* Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement and owns the solution
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a high pressure, dynamic environment with objectives that can change as the business purpose is refined
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.