Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Java Software Engineer - RESTful APIs/Microservices
Req #: 190033877
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* 5+ years' experience utilizing Java platforms and technologies for development of mission-critical enterprise applications
* Experience working on an Agile Scrum team
* Experience developing software using domain-driven design (DDD) approach, defining RESTful APIs and developing RESTful Web Services and experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture
* Proficiency using Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams
* Strong knowledge of Spring Framework
* Experience working with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
* Practical experience with NoSQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
* Working knowledge of utilizing and administering Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (e.g. Git, Subversion) for software development
* Netflix OSS
* Cloud Foundry
* Test automation with Cucumber
* Software development using TDD techniques
* Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) supported by Jenkins or similar automation servers
* Log management with Splunk or ELK
* Distributed Cache (GemFire, Hazelcast, Memcached)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.