What you will be doing!
Join our elite group of software engineers who like to create, troubleshoot, and be problem solvers! Successful candidates will have eleven, or more, years of experience, with increasing levels of responsibility in performing software engineering related activities. Candidates will be developing web-based solutions using Java/J2EE, and working with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum.
What you will need
Eleven years of software/system development work experience in the following areas:
* Analyze and study complex system requirements; create detailed software design from system requirements; and translate detailed design into computer software
* Test, debug and refine computer software to meet stated requirements traced to design
* Prepare necessary documentation to meet both programming and user-level requirements
* Ability to analyze and enhance existing software to improve efficiency or reduce response / operating time
* Experience with incorporating back-end relational database management systems, such as Oracle, Informix, SQLServer, and/or MySQL, with front-end web-based applications
* An understanding, and preferably experience with, implementing solutions using web services in a Service Oriented Architecture, i.e., J2EE and XML enabled Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, etc
* Provide technical direction to ensure program deadlines are met
* Ability to learn new technologies as required
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
What it takes:
* A 'be the best of the best' attitude
* Hunger to be at the leading edge of your field
* Strong work ethic
* Ability to work in individual or team environments
* willingness to work towards the betterment of your countrymen
* desire to be the 1st line of defense to protect your nation
* passion to protect and serve
* Intellectual curiosity along with an analytical mind
* Ability to obtain/maintain DoD clearance based on background investigation and polygraph
TS/SCI with an appropriate polygraph
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
* Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don't do things because "that's the way we've always done things"; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer's mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
* Competitive salary
* Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
* Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
* Comprehensive health insurance plan
* 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
* Annual bonus plan
* Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
* Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
* Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
* Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
* Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
* We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.