Java Software Engineer
Req #: 190039542
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Investor Services within Corporate Investment Banking Technology is hiring a highly motivated, experienced and hands-on software engineer to join the Benefit Payments Team in our Dallas Corporate Center. The successful candidate will be responsible for application development of Benefit Payments applications.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Strong hands on experience working with front end and Java back end technologies.
* Strong hands on experience working with EJBs.
* 5 - 7 years experience in Java and the software development life cycle.
* Hands on experience working with WebSphere version 8. Some ability to configure app server, a plus.
* Working knowledge of J2EE application design, coding, and deployment in an enterprise environment
* Usage of code deployment automation tools and scripting (experience setting these up is preferred)
* Experience with multi-tiered / service oriented architectures
* Database design and programming skills (SQL Server preferred)
* Capable of communicating effectively with peers and management team
* Ability to grasp core concepts quickly and strong desire to learn more
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.