Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Java Software Engineer
Req #: 190055877
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Required skills and experiences:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Apache Kafka and Cassandra
* Java and J2EE (Java 8 or later), primarily server-side
* Ability to work collaboratively build effective relationships across teams to achieve common goals
* Strong understanding of computer science, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, object-oriented design, web services, micro-services, databases, testing methodologies, and high-performance/high-availability systems
* Modern development tools like Git, Jenkins, Spring Boot
* Cloud computing, communications platforms as a service
The Consumer & Community Banking line of business depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities, and non-profits. We deliver award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking, lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance, and investment advice. This particular group, CCB Digital, focuses on cutting-edge mobile applications, digital experiences, and next-generation banking technology solutions that better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.