Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Java Software Engineer
Req #: 190032916
Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls organization (CTC) within JPMorgan Chase & Co. operates as part of Global Technology directly accountable to the CIO of the firm and providing cybersecurity services to all lines of business (LOB) across JPMC. The CTC organization's objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect, prevent and respond to cyber threats against our technology & business infrastructure.
The Cyber Site Reliability Engineer will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co technology in support of the data protection program. The successful candidate will design, engineer and maintain the end to end Reliability Frameworks. She/He will develop reliability frameworks that will enable Auto Recovery of applications and enable developers to build High Availability and Zero maintenance applications
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Developing robust, scalable, resilient, instrumented enterprise systems driven by strong requirements based design
* Applying software engineering concepts to IT operational challenges
* Support the Firm's goals in data protection.
* Nurturing a robust Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) culture
* Must be excellent in Core Java concepts like OOPs, Multithreading, collections, Garbage collections, Generics, Should be aware of JDK 5/6/7/8 versions
* Must have worked on critical enterprise applications serving clients requiring high availability, reliability and performance
* Requires knowledge and understanding of technical architecture and applications systems design with hands on experience in Java/J2ee SOA technologies
* Experience in designing and developing micro services and Function as a service
* Hands on experience in JAXRS and developing enterprise RESTful APIs
* Hands on Experience in Spring frameworks ( IOC, TRANSACTION, JDBC, DAO) and Spring boot applications is a must
* Hands on experience in continuous integration tools like Jenkins is a must
* Hands on Experience on big data and streaming frameworks like Apache Kafka, Spark, ZooKeeper is good to have
* Experience on In-memory caching frameworks like Redis/Hazelcast/Memcached and No SQL databases like Cassandra is a plus
* Experience working in Agile environments, Jira, confluence is a must
* Has demonstrated innovative solutions to reduce overall cost with improved quality and time to market
* Ability to work in geographically dispersed, multi-functional environment
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.