Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Innovation, Digital Health & Accelerator and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Agile Software Engineer will be responsible for:
* Researching and identifies the requirements of information system programmatic needs. Analyzes internally developed solutions to meet the integrated needs of multiple departments.
* Specifying, designs, develops, codes, tests and implements software applications that support the needs of multiple departments considering the individual goals and objectives of each entity.
* Providing analytical and technical guidance to team members and clients. Identifies requirements, develops application design, codes, plans and executes testing, and ensures that the application delivered meets specifications.
* Drafting(or assists with drafting) minutes for circulation and review; records decisions and purposes, as well as agreements on distribution of responsibilities and timeliness.
* Creating all systems development life cycles documents or assists team members in the creation of SDLC documents.
* May assist team members in database administration and maintenance and preparing reports.
* Creating all necessary documentation for code and applications and supports applications.
* Supporting applications on a 24 x 7 basis.
To qualify, you must have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred and 4 - 7 years' experience or M.S. degree, 2 - 4 years of related experience.
* Experience with Modern JS Frameworks, API integration (OAuth, SAML), Full stack development, Modern JS Frameworks, and Data interoperability.
* Having some knowledge with Cerner / Epic, FHIR / HL7, Node.js, Health care experience would be an advantage.
* The analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems AND design relatively complex systems and programs that cross department/divisional lines.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.