How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is looking for Cleared Java Software Engineers to provide development and sustainment exploitation services for multiple Mission Critical NGA Programs. We are seeking Software developers that work well in an Agile Scrum environment and utilize DevOps tools & framework in order to quickly solve problems and rapidly deliver solutions to our end users and have an immediate impact in making the world a safer place! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
At Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, IIS provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
Our facilities in Richardson, TX and Dulles, VA have many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few.
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/jyPBTRDWVKg
Location: TX - Richardson, VA - Dulles
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a software developer. As a candidate for this opportunity you should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a Linux or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
* Interpretation of requirements into software architecture and design
* Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
* Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
* Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
* Adherence to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
* Directly related experience with NGA systems and other IC customers
* Experience with build, test and deployment using automation tools (junit, cucumber, ruby, python, perl, etc), and with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
* Experience in building micro services
* Experience with cloud and containerization: AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc
* Experience and strong knowledge of Agile and DevOps development practices
* Ability to pursue actions necessary to obtain desired results via interactions with design engineers, customers, end users and subcontractors.
* Experience with AWS/C2S development and/or cloud computing architectures
* Technical experience in the GEOINT domain and ability to apply advanced technical principals, theories, and concepts to new development
* Experience with Scaled Agile Framework methodologies (SAFe)
* Experience with Matlab, Angular, React, NodeJS, Tableau, Redis
* Familiar with National Imagery Transmission Format (NITF) specification and image product types
* Experience with image exploitation algorithms and tools
* Hands-on experience using an Agile planning tool such Atlassian (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence) suite
* Agile certification
REQUIRED EDUCATION (including Major):
* Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
* Existing TS/SCI required with the NGA
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.