Java Software Developer for Parsing and ETL (Flex Schedule)
Req #: 213787
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Who we are and What You'll Get to Do:
As the prime contractor, CACI directly supports the customer's mission by providing full software life cycle management of numerous mission critical software applications. We provide fully support our applications by providing end to end development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). We have served our customer for over a decade because of our relentless pursuit of project success and because of the talented developers on our team. Our staff size exceeds 100 members which provides opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
POSITION SUMMARY: We are looking to hire our next "Rock Star" Software Java Developer. Either you are or maybe not currently, but please know you can work with our other Senior Developers and learn as you make an immediate impact on our application systems. We look for developers who are excited to design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or provide complex enhancements to existing software. Roll up your sleeves and dig into GUI, middle tier & large complex databases. The work we do makes a difference in our client's mission.
* Large, rich client relational database warehouse system
* Large client base working on mission critical duties
* High availability, highly used application with near real-time data
More about your Role:
* Expertly writes code user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
* Expertly develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame per departmental standards and guidelines.
* May mentor other developers(junior to senior) on the team
* Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software.
* Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions to include validating the fixes for the software problems.
* Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
* Critical component development of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
* Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
* Use expertise to Interpret business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
* Serve as Primary Technical Lead (as needed) for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
* Leverages expertise to architect and code multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
* Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
* Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
* Actively provides expertise in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
* Leads the support of completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
* Partners at a high level with other key stake holder on the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
* Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Typically requires Bachelors degree or equivalent and 7 to 10 years of directly related experience.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance with favorable polygraph
* Java development experience
* SQL programming experience
* Computer science fundamentals in Object-oriented design
* Computer science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* MS or PhD
* Experience writing RESTful web services
* AWS certification
* Experience using React.js
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.