Morgan Stanley is a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
We are seeking a software developer to join Morgan Stanley to assist with building solutions and providing services to our Institutional Securities, Electronic Trading System Technology team. The ideal candidate has: strong Java, experience in large scale real-time systems, deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms, problem solving skills, and good communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for taking part in various stages of the delivery and software development process including activities like analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of strategic and tactical solutions for execution strategies, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
The candidate is a software developer with a minimum 5 years? experience in programming, preferably in the financial services industry. The role involves Java programming, as well as the use of scripting languages (Shell, Perl, and Python) and relational database interaction using SQL. He/She will be expected to take an active role in the design, development, testing and delivery of back-end server processes. The role may also involve extensive interaction with business users, operations or support teams, therefore the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is essential. This is a developer position, not a management position; the candidate will be expected to code and deliver software as their primary responsibility. Previous financial experience is a plus; and we do expect the candidate will demonstrate significant interest in Investment Banking. Skills required:
* Strong Java skills with 5 years? of experience writing production code
* Core Java knowledge - Spring Framework, Patterns, Collections, Garbage
* Proficiency with Unix/Linux and networking
* Proficiency with Enterprise level database (ex. Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2) and SQL
* Experience building real time applications in Multithreading for a Unix/Linux platform
* Knowledge and experience on agile software development practices
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience developing client-server, distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
* Experience in either IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
* Unit testing and unit testing frameworks
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.