JP Morgan Chase
Java/Sailpoint Engineer- Identity Governance
Req #: 190011322
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Identity Governance team (IGA) operates as lifecycle management of the access security configuration (Identity & Account Management). The primary focus being on standardization of the ecosystem, providing automated provisioning, end-to-end reconciliation, and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and Segregation of Duties (SOD) framework.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our Next Generation Engineering Identity Governance team. This person will need broad exposure to multiple technologies to assemble the right solution to a challenging problem. Integration projects are complex and involve collaboration from multiple teams, on different time schedules.
We are a progressive development team within the firm working on technology at a scale that is seldom found elsewhere in the world. We use agile methodologies in our development practices and believe that great software is developed through ongoing thoughtful conversation as opposed to a big upfront design. We are building a technically diverse ecosystem using a mixture of Vendor Products, Custom In house built solutions, Graph DB's, Relational DB's, NoSQL db's, and combining it all through a managed services layer. We're looking for true technologists who are driven by the desire to learn and push the boundaries of technology.
As a member of our team, you will dive right into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to develop and deploy large scale infrastructure solutions that supports JPMC's diverse and critical businesses. You will be using the latest technologies, data management and security practices in all aspect of software development. Critical thinking, clear communication and collaboration are key to success product delivery.
This will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate solutions. There is an implicit ownership and accountability for the solution working as intended.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented hands-on innovator who can handle diverse responsibilities, including:
* Build and configure SailPoint IdentityIQ connectors for automated data collection and automated provisioning,
* Design and development of SDK/toolkit to build components required for configuring SailPoint IdentityIQ connectors efficiently,
* Design and development of enterprise workflows, forms and reusable rules, tasks and reports within SailPoint IdentityIQ to support wide range of applications and functionalities
* Develop API Services to handle access policies, access requests and integrate with external applications,
* Work closely with business analyst, quality assurance, and project management resources throughout delivery of solutions,
* Collaborate cross functionality with infrastructure, support, and other software engineering teams
* Facilitating implementation of new functionality through training and demonstration
* Collaborate with business users and technology partners at all levels
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
* 2+ years of experience in Information Technology experience with primary focus on Identity and Access Management.
* Experience in building out-of-box connectors for SailPoint IdentityIQ or any other IAM solution.
* Exposure to or experience with LDAP, Active Directory, Unix and Mainframe operating systems like ACF2, RACF etc.
* Experience with major databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 etc.
* Experience in programming languages like Java, Beanshell, C/C++, PL/SQL etc.
* Strong knowledge of RESTful Web Services, JDBC technologies, JSON, HTML, XML, maven, Eclipse IDE, GIT/Subversion etc.
* Experience in programming languages like Java, C/C++, PL/SQL etc.
* Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
* Demonstrated self-starter with good judgment and resourcefulness
* Ability to think outside the box, adapt to circumstances, learn from co-workers, and share information and experiences.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
* Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills, skills in dealing with a diverse population.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.