We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Developer to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
* Design and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
* Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
* Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering field and 8 years experiecnce and a minimum 4-6 years of technical experience or equivalent blend of education & experience
* Experience in Java Backend development
* Java /JEE development experience
* Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play
* Experience with SQL Database Technologies
* Knowledge of JSON and associated tools.
Desired knowledge and experience includes
* Hands on experience with AWS and understanding of AWS capabilities and limitations.
* Using the Eclipse and Rational Application Developer (RAD) IDEs
* Experience with design, development and deployment of application with NoSQL (DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, etc)
* Load Balancing and Enterprise Service Bus frameworks (preferably under Cloud environment)
* Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
* Must work well in a team environment as well as independent.
* Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
* Clearance - Must pass CBP BI and must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one
* Citizenship - Must be a US Citizen
* LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2018-4840