Java/J2EE Software Engineer
Req #: 190055827
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
In this role, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs. Develop applications in a Scrum/Agile environment for company's online customer base. Ensure the successful analysis, architecture, design, development, and code review of application components. Utilize mature programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures, and techniques. Perform software troubleshooting and monitoring functions. Maintain design guidelines, coding standards, software methodologies, and processes. Interact with business analysts, solution architects, project managers, and development teams throughout the software development lifecycle process.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (Java, J2EE)
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Experience with the following skills: JMS; Linux and UNIX Solaris operating systems; version and revision control practices and procedures; and code management and review tools including Fisheye, Crucible, Stash and Sonar.
* Experience with the following skills: implementing design patterns; profiling, identifying, and optimizing existing code; Spring MVC; Spring Security; service-oriented architecture (SOA) including REST- and SOAP-based services using JSON and XML messages; testing frameworks including Spring JUnit, Mockito, Power Mock, and DBUnit; data access frameworks including Hibernate, MyBatis, and Spring Data; Oracle, DB2, MySQL, NoSQL, Derby, and Embedded databases; web application servers including Apache and Tomcat; code repositories including SVN and GIT; performance and log analysis tools including Dynatrace and Splunk; and build and deployment tools including Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, and Cruise Control.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.