Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Java, J2EE Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
Remote possibility, within the MUFG operating locations.
Looking for an experienced Lead Developer with full Java/J2EE stack who will be responsible for leading the projects to develop, maintain and implement complex integration solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating independently designed applications within and across the core enterprise systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Responsible for leading the projects for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems
* Lead the team that determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements
* Work with software vendors for software installation, problem resolution, and enhancements.
* Oversee the team/staff that develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components
* Controls and work directs activities of the staff
* Conceive, plan and implement original approaches to solve complex problems of diverse scope. Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences
* Work with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups
* Responsible for ensuring system availability, resolving production issues in time timely manner.
* Regarded as an expert in development with good software engineering practices
* Plan and organize the development of technical support standards, evaluates software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements
* Will have demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems and be experienced in resolving issues relating to data security and integrity of controls
* Initiate and develop concepts to solve extremely complex situations with little or no precedent
* Create new opportunities for the use of new technology
* Provide conceptual guidance to other senior and high level technical experts
* Perform systems design and analysis, develops codes and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components
* Advanced professional level role
* Work on projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise-wide complex components
* Requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and possesses increased level of business knowledge
* Work on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader of advanced or complex projects
* Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team provide technical work guidance or mentoring
* May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance
* Facilitates the development of supporting knowledge architecture and standards.
* Involved in modeling information sources, flows and critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge and how it supports and enables key business processes.
* Analyze exposure/risk/vulnerability of applications to the overall success of the projects and maintenance of the system.
* Works with business and operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science
* 10 years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database - Java, J2EE, Oracle, JBoss, Spring, Struts, Angular JS
* Preferred Cloud platform experience, designing and orchestrating applications to scale using Amazon AWS services
* Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* 5 years of Commercial Banking experience preferably in the Transaction Banking area
* 3-5 Years of leadership experience required
* Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders
* Ability to make complex IT and business decisions
* Works with other IT groups to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made as a team Possesses expertise in process and data modeling, architectural development methodologies, IT planning methodologies and extensive knowledge of the enterprise's business and decision-making processes
* Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.