About this role
The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock's information system's needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The breath of our responsibilities calls for a diverse range of expertise.
The Core Software Infrastructure (CSI) team is a global group within the Aladdin Product Group, represented by more than 70 software engineers located across 7 offices worldwide. The global team of engineers are devoted to the development and improvement of BlackRock's most critical software infrastructure components. The tools and systems created by the team are used by every Aladdin product across every Aladdin team.
The CSI mission is to create the best development environment for developers at BlackRock and build technology to scale system operations through:
* Developing and supporting tools, frameworks, languages, and core libraries
* Managing productivity and quality enhancement software
* Continuing development of web and mobile applications
* Supporting a large developer community through incisive consulting and troubleshooting
* Standardizing and promoting best practices
The role is for a programmer working on the Core Software Infrastructure used for developing and managing BlackRock's world-class investment system. A successful candidate is expected to create and deliver software, have responsibility to execute projects from start to finish, work independently or with a project team.
* Participate in the design of an architecture leveraging modern systems such as Cassandra, Spark, Solr, etc. to solve BlackRock's business problems.
* Develop software solutions to efficiently process high-velocity, high-volume, and/or high-variety data flows
* Design and implement facets of our enterprise messaging system, compute farms, and big-data stores.
* Develop and enhance core libraries which form the bedrock for all the firm's software development platforms
* Maintain and establish software best practices to be used globally across the enterprise
* Provide support and guidance to other developers across all development groups
* Serve as an escalation point for questions and production-level technical issues
* Take ownership of key initiatives and drive them to successful completion
* Ensure development team adherence to BlackRock's Software Development Lifecycle policies, standards, and best practices
* Ensure delivery of software solutions of the highest quality
* Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
* At least 4+ years of relevant experience with large scale software development and deployment, preferably in the financial industry
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns
* Experience with graphical user interface design a strong plus
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/us/individual | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.