Search for more jobs
Java Engineer in Test
* Job: 11358-BHIL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Quality Engineering
MathWorks is looking for a smart, creative, and energetic Quality Engineer with expertise in internet-scale distributed systems whose interest, curiosity, and passion drives innovation and production quality to new levels. Successful candidates will work on an enthusiastic engineering team who share a passion for getting things done and delivering high quality and well-crafted code.
You will be engaged with:
* Cloud APIs
* Web Services
* High availability testing
* QE best practices
* Performance testing
* Agile processes
…and much more!
Play a key role by:
* influencing requirements specifications
* ensuring testability of the application, engaging with developers in the design phase
* designing and developing high quality tests including functional, performance, reliability, security, fuzzy, destructive
* Collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment with a highly cross-functional team
* Contribute to designing, architecting, and developing MATLAB services and cloud infrastructure
* Review and triage bugs, working with quality, software engineers and management to categorized and prioritize
* Foster a continuous process improvement environment
* Perform bug analysis, code churn and other quality analysis
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* 3+ years of Commercial Software Quality Engineering experience, with extensive experience with Java development
* Automated testing experience
* Passionate about analyzing, isolating and solving problems.
* Enjoy a fast-paced environment where you can multi-task, triage issues, and work independently.
Nice to have:
* Automated testing experience with distributed systems, web services and/or virtualization
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Maven, TeamCity, Continuous Delivery
* Experience with load, performance, and profiling tools (JMeter, YourKit, JProfiler)
* Experience with MATLAB
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.