What you'll be doing...
You will be responsible for delivering enhancements for My Business Portal and delivering best in class customer experience. You will interact daily with business partners in marketing/Digital Operations teams. You will deliver software solutions for time boxed delivery of prioritized business functionality incorporating high quality.
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will regularly lead multiple small to medium-size projects or one large project and perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuring and scheduling. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects & staff members.
* Analysis and Design: Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs
* Assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs
* Evaluate solution's alignment with the end user experience.
* Provide end to end analysis of the application and identify the project changes for each impacted module.
* Collaborate with the business partners, business analyst and interfacing team to define user interface, screen navigation and integration with interfacing systems for the system enhancements.
* Drive end to end application design for complex modules within the My Business Enterprise Portal application.
* Drive creative solutions for Mobility, Product and Services initiatives and deliver robust application design that provides intuitive user interface and easy navigation for the customer and thus drive self-service for B2B users.
* Design systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components.
* Develop system architecture that improve designs & mapping form to function.
* Performance tuning of mission critical applications.
* Analyze the intricacies of native and hybrid mobile applications with OS internals and APIs.
* Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently will collaborate with interfacing teams, define target dates for unit testing and integration testing and ensure end to end robustness and scalability of code.
* Participate in defining coding standards, ensure timely completion of code review and security scans with Fortify and technical debt assessment for the code enhancements and take steps to meet the standards for these elements.
* Support integration testing and end to end system testing and UAT.
* Partner with system test lead and UAT lead to resolve defects, address application stability and security vulnerabilities and ensure superior user experience for the software modules.
* Collaborate with interfacing teams and take action to resolve the defects.
* Support production rollout of the enhancements with validation and post production issue resolution for enterprise release and maintenance releases.
* Track project metrics and drive self-serve utilization.
* You will assess project risk, proactively take remedial action and ensure robust system performance and stability in production.
* Adopt Agile, Dev ops and other enablers to improve effectiveness of project delivery.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Development experience with Java/J2EE, Core Java, Multi-Threading.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot, Redis, Elastice Search, Rabit MQ/websphere MQ, NoSQL and Apijee.
* Front-end integration experience working with development teams on the deployment of web-based applications (J2EE).
* Experience with AI/ML technologies, chatbot.
* Strong knowledge of Agile methodology.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and technology.
* Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Ability to design and code from specifications.
* Ability to work through issues independently.
* Ability to clearly present to business and technical audiences.
* Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
* Experience with Application runtime configuration (Web server/App server, load balancing).
* Knowledge of SQL tuning, Angular JS ( 2 or 4), CSS.
* Strong knowledge in performance tuning of Java/J2EE applications.
* Strong knowledge in application design patterns and frameworks.
* Strong knowledge in front end application design with responsive screens.
* Knowledge of NLP using customized Dialog Flow intents, AI/Machine learning and algorithms, Trained Predictive Modeling and Deep personalization on the UI using AEM.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.