Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Senior Java Developer - Current/Active - fully adjudicated DoD Secret (SSBI) or Top Secret clearance required to be considered. Must hold Sec+certification in good standing
Location to be based local to DC Metro (Alexandria, VA, Herndon, VA, Chantilly, VA)
The successful candidate will participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to DOD. The position involves the creation of new applications as well as modifications to existing applications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of software applications in a federal government personnel security product.
* Act as a developer on Jasper reports and Web enabled J2EE type applications, gathering requirements, translating business requirements to technical solutions, estimating, coding, debugging, testing, research application/software problems and determining root causes, proposing and implementing solutions.
* Follows standards based software development/engineering processes and procedures, such as CMMI, and delivers high quality components/products.
* Will also need to provide clear and timely status to management as required.
Experience in one or more of the following:
* Java IDE, Eclipse is a plus;
* Jasper Report tool
* Enterprise class IDE tools, WebSphere Studio Application Developer is a plus;
* SCM tools, StarTeam is a plus;
* Data modeling tools, ERWin is a plus;
* Middleware/transport layer, such as SOAP or Java RMI;
* Application servers, JBOSS or Red Hat EAP is a plus;
* Web servers, Sun Java Web Server 6.1 or higher is a plus;
* Web technologies and protocols, such as, Web Services, WSDL, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
* Platforms, such as Windows XP, Unix (Sun Solaris is a plus).
* Familiarity with Department of Defense personnel security issues is a plus
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in an engineering or computer field
* Security+ Certification (in good standing) current/active preferred
* Five or more years of software development experience, including experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Strong enterprise design skills and experience in a Java based environment, including web services.
* Ability to work in contractor's environment, occasionally.
* Use of Agile skills & methodology
* Must have experience developing and testing Java applications.
* Experience of performance tuning is a plus.
* Experience with relational databases, Web application development, and Web technologies are required.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models are also required.
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories