Expeditors is a proven industry leader in global supply chain management, logistics and freight forwarding services headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ 17,000+ trained professionals in a worldwide network of 300+ locations across six continents. At the heart of Expeditors, you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics. Our IS team is raising the bar by delivering best in class software and systems to meet the needs of our employees and customers around the world.
The Developer III (Technical Lead) is a key role on a cross-functional Agile development team, which is responsible for the design and production of our core Global Customs system. The ideal candidate will be a good team player and bring the following skills to the team:
* Applying your object-oriented design and analysis experience to identify and implement the right design patterns and frameworks needed to translate business requirements into scalable, efficient and reliable system design specifications
* Using your technical and interpersonal skills to proactively guide teammates on dependencies and technical approaches for a problem
* Owning the team's code quality through code reviews and championing the use of right practices
* Driving project technical direction and decisions through individual contribution and mentorship
* Demonstrating leadership characteristics including a sense of ownership, strong communication skills, creativity, initiative, attention to detail, mentoring and coaching other developers
* Communicating technical details to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Embracing and promoting our technologies including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery practices
* Striving to continually learn about enabling and emerging technologies that will add business value to our core system
* Strong Object-oriented design
* Excellent analysis and debugging skills
* 5 years of professional software development experience in OO languages, preferably Java
* 1+ years of experience using Spring
* Experience with Common Java IDE's like IntelliJ and Eclipse
* 1+ years of experience with Hibernate
* Experience with Kafka
* Operating systems include UNIX, Linux, Windows
* Experience with Agile practices
* BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
Successful candidates must complete a background check.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits for full time employees:
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.