Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for Software engineer, who has the experience in building highly scalable and available enterprise systems, and solve complex business problems with awesome software solutions. Engineer should partner closely with Product, Architecture and other engineering teams to craft high quality, easy to use, and robust software products. Focus on Quality and Security including automation, design reviews, and unit testing. Develop and support projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle. Analyze technical issues and clearly communicate recommendations and solutions.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
* 2 to 4 years of industry experience
* Proficient in back-end development using Java EE technologies (e.g. Java language, application servers, servlet containers, JMS, JPA, etc.).
* Strong OOAD skills, with ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs solutions
* Experience with HTTP, REST API's and competent designing and building web services/microservices in a commercial setting.
* Experience with SQL and other/NoSQL/modern database and storage technologies. Desired understanding of Oracle, JDBC and ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate).
* Experience with Design Patterns, MVC and frameworks (e.g. Spring).
* Experience with Service Oriented Architectures.
* Experience with development of scalable and distributed Java services.
* Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
* Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. Java build tools) and best practices (e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, etc.).
* Should have good communication skills.
* Exposure to Document Management and Process Automation Software would be an added advantage.
* Work within a team of highly talented engineers, product and architect to design and develop highly scalable Java services.
* Design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
* Write tests for the existing and newly created code to maintain compatibility
* Collaborating with peers and leads both within the team and across the organization.
* Working with scrum teams and product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
* Working with operations and application teams to ensure applications and services are highly available and reliable.
Austin, Texas, United States of America
BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree: Computer Science
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a technology platform company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants worldwide.