* Understand trends in client requirements and identify opportunities to enhance CTS capabilities across different functional areas (technology / infrastructure). * Evaluate various options and provide inputs in developing blueprint of different enterprise assets from a technology stack perspective.
* Study industry trends to remain aware of technology and infrastructure trends. * Understand internal/external requirements and analyze the need for POC/POT. * Evaluate various technologies suited for the solution. * Provide support to other teams for building case for PoC/PoT to senior management in terms of current organizational need and potential benefits.
Solution Definition and Design:
* Provide support during requirement gathering and analysis (technical and infrastructure perspective during downstream assessment) to other teams. * Interact with client is required to understand their requirements. * Interact with domain/ product architects and other teams to analyze architectural options for any given solution. * Analyze tradeoffs and provide recommendations, if any, on the solution architecture. * Collaborate with delivery team to develop HLD/ functional design Create infrastructure architecture for project based on the requirements. * Provide solutions from an infrastructure perspective. * Prepare Proof of Technology. * Conduct hardware sizing based on non functional requirements. * Support the team in deployment of the solution. * Seek inputs on design created from various stakeholders and incorporate relevant changes to design solution.
* Conduct planned and unplanned audits. * Guide teams in creation of detailed architecture design (database/application). * Perform architecture design review. * Identify opportunities for optimization of cost / time / asset utilization in specific projects and advise relevant teams accordingly where possible. * Interact with clients to provide clarifications and address their queries. * Manager stakeholder perception. * Provide advice to teams facing complex technical issues in the course of project delivery. * Provide technical solutions based on expertise or past experience. * Provide various possibilities for delivery team to test solution proposed.
Asset Development and Governance:
* Share ideas with Enterprise Architect and team on new assets that can be developed. * Identify technical challenges that arise during the development of enterprise assets and plan for the same. * Track utilization of reusable assets / architecture components across the organization. * Share the utilization report with Enterprise Architect. * Assist in analyzing metrics and feedback from project teams adopting designed assets. * Monitor asset effectiveness during realtime implementation.
Business Development Support:
* Scan the market and identify new technology areas which can be adopted in Cognizant. * Identify new clients or new needs in the existing clients and share suggestions with Enterprise / Solution Architects. * Develop collaterals for proposals. * Participate in discussion for client proposals. * Provide support for developing RFPs. * Participate in industry seminars/ conference, if required, to share knowledge and build Cognizant brand Calculate and present hardware sizing estimates to management for supporting in go/nogo decisions.
* Publish white papers. * Maintain a repository of technical solutions, technical best practices and design/coding guidelines/standards. * Conduct and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions across the team. * Build awareness of the knowledge repository among other teams. * Update best practices, white papers, artifacts etc to the database on a regular basis.
Training & Mentoring:
* Provide support in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation. * Conduct training with the help of academy and mentoring with respect to infrastructure and technology. * Mentor new entrants in EAS function on an ongoing basis. * Provide support to various project managers in identification of training needs of their subordinates.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.