Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services.
From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
Privately-held and under the guidance of our current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope through neither merger nor acquisition. Our organic growth and two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled and tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI's goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
* World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
* Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
* Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
* Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) Process Consultant's role is to work with SHI's customers to assist them in understanding their Software and Hardware Environment from a holistic, process perspective and to help architect the most effective ITAM program(s) possible. The Consultant will interact directly with customers (within the definition of consulting agreements and Statements of Work), with the primary objective to understand the customer's current ITAM processes and how those integrate with other critical IT and governance processes. The ITAM Process Consultant's primary objective is to become a Trusted Advisor to the customer on ITAM process, tool, and compliance-related issues. The ITAM Process Consultant will provide consultation across the global footprint of ITAM service engagements. The position reports to the ITAM Services Manager.
The ITAM Process Consultant can be office based from either Austin TX, Somerset NJ, Paris France or Milton Keynes UK offices. It is expected that this role will require frequent travel both nationally and internationally (50%).
Include but are not limited to:
* Analyse Policy, Process and Procedures and other relevant information
* Industry leading knowledge of relevant Industry Standards including ISO & Microsoft
* Assist SHI customers in increasing overall standards of IT & Software Asset Management maturity levels
* Participates in customer communications across the entire life cycle of an ITAM project. This includes producing and presenting intermediate, analytical, and final results and assuring projects are conducted and closed to the satisfaction of all parties
* Collects and manages ITAM-related information from SHI, customers, and software manufacturers
* Ensures all ITAM projects are conducted professionally, ethically, and in a manner consistent with SHI quality standards
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in ITAM process definition and will be very experienced with the practical implications of implementing and sustaining those processes. In addition, the candidate will be expected to understand all aspects of the hardware and software lifecycle - from purchasing to deployment to decommissioning as well as the IT, finance, and other related disciplines that integrate with ITAM processes.
The ideal candidate will hold process accreditations from one of more of the key ITAM industry leadership groups such as ISO, IAITAM, or IBSMA. Also, compliance and SAM assessment accreditations (formal or informal) in more than one major product set or Publisher. If the accreditations are not currently held, the successful candidate will be required to study and pass accreditations within a short period of commencing the role.
The ideal candidate will hold all the following accreditations; if the accreditations are not currently held the successful candidate will be required to study and pass all of the following Microsoft accreditations within a short period of commencing the role.
SAM Core (70-713)
Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred as well as a minimum of 5 years of experience within the IT Asset Management field.
* Strong entrepreneurial spirit; a desire and willingness to "do whatever it takes";
* Client-oriented, professional services mind-set;
* Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
* Exceptional research skills and the ability to manage details;
* Exceptional analytical skills;
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
* A second language (preferably French) will be an advantage;
* Exceptional organization and time management skills;
* Ability to think outside the box;
* Ability to stay self-motivated and self-directed;
* Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical priorities;
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment;
* Proven experience as a Senior Consultant in ITAM in a similar or same field
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Ability to create high-quality documentation with precision
* Willingness to travel as needed
* Ability to work with deadlines
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Highly organized and methodical
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status