Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55294
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
PSEG is looking for talented technology professionals to join our team. Our vision is to power the digital future of PSEG. We are partners with the business and we are driving business outcomes through innovative use of technology. There are multiple full-time entry-level opportunities available in our General Office located in Newark, New Jersey.
In this position, you will provide support for all Help Desk and Voice Infrastructure functions. Manage the day-to-day production support activities associated with production control and coordination for infrastructure applications supporting critical business processes for PSEG lines of business as well as to ensure solutions align with the business needs and objectives. This includes developing, administering and executing preventive maintenance programs, overseeing problem management, performing root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
* Work with the Helpdesk and Voice related Infrastructure projects and initiatives
* Interface with other areas of IT for engineering and infrastructure support
* Interface with clients on support requests and requests for new services
* Analyze performance of Helpdesk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service
* Comply with ITSM/ITIL process such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Request Management, CMDB, KEDB
* Work with infrastructure and application project teams to ensure solutions are aligned with acceptable support requirements, and that the transition and delivery of new or upgraded systems are seamlessly moved to production support teams and suppliers.
* Monitor production system performance, availability and support costs, and report status related to plan to ensure client expectations are met.
* Identify and manage the Disaster Recovery (DR) Process for all scorecard and LOS applications including updating of the DR plan, as well as periodic testing and activation in the event of an emergency.
* Identify and manage the preventive maintenance programs for Infrastructure systems including patching, upgrades, tuning and performance management.
* Ensure Quality Control and Assurance procedures are consistent with Infrastructure specifications, client requirements and corporate policies.
* Perform reviews and/or Root Cause Analysis on production systems failures, formulate corrective action plans, ensure corrective actions are implemented, and track their effectiveness.
* Manage and communicate problem resolution and system restoration status during unplanned outage events to line of business and IT Senior Management.
* Comply with all NERC CIP and regulatory guidelines and standards. Comply with cyber security- related and other vulnerabilities as identified by the IT security team. Support all internal and external audit initiatives and remediate identified deficiencies, if any.
* Identify continuous improvement areas and come up with new initiatives to enhance infrastructure support. Manage, maintain and comply with license requirements related to SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and in house hosted infrastructure.
Required (Education, Experience, Skills, Knowledge):
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or a related STEM discipline.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
* Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines.
* Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
* Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
* Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
* Ability to work in a 24x7 environment with callout availability required
* Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Desired (Education, Experience, Skills, Knowledge):
* Knowledge of Telecom System
* Knowledge in infrastructure design, implementation and support
* Knowledge in supporting applications related to Utility power plants monitoring and maintenance
* Knowledge in supporting real-time utility operations
Additional Critical Information:
PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Law, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Legal
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a publicly traded diversified energy company.