We are changing how health insurance works. Oscar is a high-tech startup out to revolutionize the healthcare industry. We want to create a healthcare experience that's intuitive and puts people first. To do this, we've brought together leaders from top technology and healthcare companies to create a talented team that is passionate about helping people navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Working with our IT team, you will serve as the front line for technical support. We are growing rapidly, and building most everything from scratch on Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys supporting systems with automation and security in mind, as well as provides cross-support for the other Oscar offices.
Within the first six months, you will:
* Develop a deep understanding of Oscar's internal IT function to support end users as efficiently as possible and increase SLAs
* Interject yourself throughout the organization to increase efficiency through technical solutions
* Comfortably participate in an on-call rotation to handle off-hours support requests
* Become familiar with our processes and procedures and be able to elevate the performance of this team with your own ideas and contributions
* Build a strong relationship with our amazing users and be able to assist them as they need
* Bring a "can do" attitude to all we do
What it takes to excel in this role
* 2+ Years supporting large environments of Mac and Chrome OS users with an ability to patiently troubleshoot issues while helping to educate end users.
* Up to date knowledge about the latest tools and methods for managing these environments
* An excellent bedside manner
* Experience with inventory control and provisioning laptops
* You have an innate curiosity and understand that quick fixes are not sustainable
* You love owning things: you're proud of the things you build and thrive with responsibility
* Experience with call centers or phone systems is a plus
* Experience with Google Suite
* Experience with JAMF
* Ability to script in Python or BASH is a huge plus
* Enthusiasm above all else
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
About Oscar Insurance
Oscar is a health insurance company that employs technology, design and data to humanize health care.