Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for an IT Technical Support Specialist Level 1 in Chicago.
Brookfield Properties is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing over 150 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
As a Level 1 IT Technical Support Specialist, you will be required to field support calls, e-mails, chats and self-service requests between the hours of 7am-7pm Central. The position entails basic support, troubleshooting, and triage; password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support are in-scope. You will be required to gather and analyze information about the end-user's issue and determine the best way to resolve their problem. Level 1 may also provide support for identified Level 2 and Level 3 issues, whereas configuration solutions have already been documented in our knowledge base. As an IT Technical Support Specialist depth of knowledge in areas of the company's business can be critical; the ability to continue updating that depth of knowledge in response to changes to the environment is important.
* Provide support for end users (local and remote), focusing on individualized customer service of the highest standard on a professional level
* Effectively and efficiently manage the life cycle of the service request, including detailed documentation as well as escalation (when necessary and appropriate)
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a respectful manner that supports working well with co-workers, users, and management
* Ability to follow standards, policies, procedures, and instructions provided by supervisors
* Flexibility to work a varying schedule and on-call hours on a monthly basis
* Other duties as assigned
* Associate's Degree preferred
* 2 years of experience in Service Desk or Help Desk telephone environment preferred
* Demonstrated ability to think outside-the-box, performs research, and operates independently
* Strong knowledge of Windows 7
* Apple OSX/iOS is a plus
* Experience with ServiceNow is a plus
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following:
* The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.