Job Requisition ID: 15703
Job Title: IT Tech Services Delivery Lead
The IT Tech Service Delivery Lead at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is responsible for developing and managing the IT Tech Services functions via management of relationship with an IT Service Delivery Partner. This role will be engaged in Service Delivery Partners selection, reviews, and management.
You will also be responsible for the development of strategies, overall planning, organizing and execution of programs and projects surrounding HMH's corporate end user experience environment. This role will focus on the next generation of user productivity, unified communications and emerging technology. This position is in Boston, Massachusetts and reports to the Director of Infrastructure Engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Act as the primary point of contact for IT Tech Service delivery for the HMH Corporate end users to reduce complexity, improve responsiveness, and provide clarity regarding IT Tech Services provided to end users.
* Participate is evaluation, selection, and engagement of potential Partners for the IT Tech Services Delivery.
* Manage relationship with a chosen Partner who will execute IT Tech Services delivery for HMH.
* Manage Service Selivery performance through SLAs and other key performance metrics.
* Ensure that industry best practices are incorporated into standard solutions delivered.
* Develop methodology and process to plan, monitor and record hardware and software assets to ensure compliance.
* Collaborate with Business units and other IT departments to ensure effective and quick delivery of IT Tech Services to Corporate end users in all locations.
* Overall accountability for the execution and compliance to ITIL service processes for the specific IT end-user.
* Develop and manage budget necessary to provide proper level of IT Tech Services via Partner.
* Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT hardware/software assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources.
* Periodical travel to other Company offices might be required
Skills & Experience
* Demonstrated project experience with large-scale end-user computing platforms, applications, automation and end user services implementations.
* Strong vendor management skills with proven multiyear experience.
* Experience managing hardware support groups as well as hands on experience supporting end users.
* Knowledge of SLA, KPI's, and forecasting (demand management).
* Demonstrated experience with hardware and software asset management.
* Experience with end user automation.
* Strong hands on technical expertise with end-point hardware and software solutions (PC and MAC) (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, VDI and peripherals).
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Working Knowledge of ITIL - Service Management, certification preferred
* PMP Certifications strongly preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Services, Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
* Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
* The person in this position needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
* Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
* Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.