Areté Associates, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. Our Arlington, VA office has an immediate opening for an IT Systems Technician reporting to the regional IT Manager. This is a non-exempt non-supervisory full-time position.
The successful candidate will provide support for the day-to-day administrative operations of the IT department. The candidate will also collaborate with other IT personnel and support a variety of IT systems at varying levels of complexity on classified and corporate networks including some occasional afterhours support.
* Providing technical support to the end-user community on hardware, network, and software-related problems.
* Administering accounts and groups in an Active Directory environment.
* Performing administration and maintenance of client computers and solutions in various LAN environments.
* Installing, configuring, testing, and deploying new end-user systems, equipment, and software.
* Assisting in obtaining quotes and creating purchase requisitions for IT purchases.
* Maintaining software licensing records, inventories, and providing support to IT budget planning sessions.
* Other duties, as assigned.
* Minimum of 1 year working in a customer-service technical support role.
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows 10 and Office applications.
* Must have or be able to obtain a Security+ CE or equivalent certification for DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher within 180 days of employment.
* Intermediate troubleshooting skills and experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and on a team.
* Strong written communication skills and the ability to produce technical documentation.
* Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
* Some knowledge of information security practices;
* Some administrative level knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or later.
Areté Associates offers an excellent compensation and a full benefits package. U.S. citizenship, background screen and drug test are required to meet position eligibility. Please submit your resume on-line at: http://www.arete.com.
Areté Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Associates Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.