You probably know Nestle as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer's, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we are building a workplace where collaboration is significant, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every day!
Do you like unique challenges and experiences? Are you a passionate IT expert that can provide responsibility for our successful and efficient manufacturing operations? Are you ready to join a diverse and dynamic team? If so, this opportunity is for you! As the IT Systems Specialist, we will look to you as an IT partner to help ensure the deployment and upkeep of our factory information systems and technology solutions that are critical to our optimal performance in meeting our business needs.
You are the single point of contact for the overall IT function, including all IT infrastructure (workstations, servers, printers, networks, phones, mobile devices, etc.) and software used at our Laurel, Maryland, location. This role maintains overall responsibility for the successful factory operations and coordinates on issues that fall outside the normal process and for escalations through the Service Desk. This role also provides technical project management for new technology implementations, coordinating between the factory teams and Corporate IS/IT and acts as the on-site expert for top-down market and IT initiatives. This role will be part of the Plant Electrical and Automation team.
Limited direct supervision - must be self-motivated and self-directed. This position reports directly to the Factory Electrical and Automation Manager and receives direction from Corporate IS/IT Project Managers.
Provides leadership for IT infrastructure projects, coordinating on-site activities for projects, involving factory staff by communicating requirements and acting as an advocate for the business in project prioritization and scheduling.
* Ensure all business-critical production floor and warehouse systems are efficiently maintained and operating successfully to meet the demands of the business. This shall include the maintenance of network, SAP thin clients and printers.
* Provide support for all HW/ SW within the facility.
* Manage servers and server builds; admin and network folder access; escalations with Service Desk; facility PBX/Voicemail system.
* Perform PC workstation deployment, upgrades, re-imaging, and break/fix support.
* Provide mobile device and vendor support as well as audio/video and video conferencing system support.
* Maintain backup tape rotation/storage, and review of system backup logs; equipment inventories, including a semi-annual physical inventory of all IT equipment.
* Monitor Factory Automation Systems for maximum uptime.
* Assist in budgeting capital and operating expenses for IT equipment and projects within the factory.
* Purchase and install activities for PC, Printer, Server and other infrastructure related solutions.
* Maintain documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for factory technology systems and physical network layout.
* Support IT portion of factory audits, including inventories and procedures.
* Acts as main contact/point person for project management and implementation efforts for all factory projects that require IT infrastructure.
* Coordinate system upgrades, including hardware and software version upgrades.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Certified Network Engineer (CNE), Certified Network Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or A credentials preferred.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft server 2008 and beyond; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and beyond, Active Directory and Group Policy
* 4 years of experience as a system administrator in Windows operating systems, Active Directory, MS Office, and MS Exchange/Outlook and a strong background in troubleshooting and supporting workstation issues.
* 2 years of experience troubleshooting and supporting PC laptop and desktop hardware.
* 2 years of hands on network administration experience, preferably with Cisco-based infrastructure.
* 2 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
* Experience supporting MS Access databases.
* Experience working with industrial engineering or manufacturing environment.
* Experience with project management in a large-scale environment.
* Experience with budget planning.
* Strong working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows OS, Windows applications, & networking.
* Mechanical/technical aptitude, excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills, able to manage customer expectations.
* Demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity. Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent time management.
* Excellent communication skills, including written communication, ability to develop technical documentation. Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Experience creating IT training materials and delivering training to all levels of personnel with varying technical aptitude.
* Dependable and predictable (on time, ready to work).
* Ability to drive results by coordinating efforts between varied teams who have different management and reporting structures, and possibly widely varying priorities.