SAIC currently has an opening for a Requirements Analyst/Engineer to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program located in Springfield, VA.
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current Secret security clearance is required for consideration and must be clearable to Top Secret.
The candidate will be responsible for creating technical specifications for bulk purchased hardware, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of selected hardware, and assist with incident queue management. The candidate will research and evaluate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department's equipment modernization program. Although the candidate will not have supervisory responsibilities, the assigned individual must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both in writing and orally, and present products and ideas in a professional manner.
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization Team at the DOS Information Resources Management bureau.
* Research and create hardware specifications (server, switch, storage, desktop, thin client, printer, etc.) for inclusion in DOS Bulk Purchasing Agreements.
* Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure selected products meet established specifications.
* Queue Manager for the GITM Division Incident and Problem queues.
* Execute the ITIL®-based incident management sub-processes to improve overall availability of IT services by identifying and solving incident and resolving service requests by providing suitable workarounds to customers.
* Participate in the development of Lessons Learned/Root Cause Analysis (LL/RCA) reports internal to the enterprise.
* Update the IRM Known Error database based on the results of LL/RCA findings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
* TS Security clearance or Secret with ability for TS.
* General knowledge of IT environments and systems.
* Testing procedures and test documentation creation.
* Attention to detail.
* Good writing and verbal skills.
* Familiarity with DOS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures).
* Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system.
* Knowledge or Training on server platforms from CISCO or HP.
* Experience with enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, etc.)
* Knowledge or Training on Backup software (i.e. Avamar / CommVault).
* VMware Certified professional 5.0 or higher.
* Networking certifications at CISCO professional level.
* MCSE Certification.
* ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate.
Clearance Requirement: Secret (Active), clearable to TOP SECRET
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability