Founded in 2008, Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb's accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Role & Responsibilities
Airbnb is looking for an experienced Manager to lead our IT Systems Operations (SysOps) team. While this role is mostly hands-off, our ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Systems Engineer, knows how to code, and is familiar with modern Systems concepts, tools, and design patterns. We would like to hire a leader with a track record of continuous improvement and delivering impactful projects.
* Ensure 24x7 incident response, Incident Root Cause Analysis/Post-Mortems, and compliance to ticket SLAs.
* Partner with Security team to enforce security policies and resolve all security remediations in a timely manner.
* Deploy automation solutions to recurring problems/requests -- Automate all the things.
* Support our systems management toolchain. (Github Enterprise, Terraform Enterprise, Jenkins, Chef, and others)
* Define key operational metrics, develop reporting infrastructure and cadence, set targets, and continuously improve. Present operational metrics weekly to IT Leadership.
* Work with Observability team to define requirements for monitoring/alerting/logging, triage and resolution.
* Support a growing catalog of over 100 services, including infrastructure, AWS, SaaS, tools, configuration management, automation, Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on.
* Be an escalation point for our AirSupport organization, and a strong advocate for our end users, customers, and stakeholders.
* Work closely with IT Systems Engineering team ensure new services are supportable on day 1.
* Participate in design reviews.
* Lead daily standup meeting, approve change management requests, review pull requests.
* Own long term strategy for Systems Operations, define and achieve quarterly OKRs.
* Contribute to Corp Infrastructure strategy, owning crossfuntional initiatives beyond the scope of the SysOps team.
* 5+ years as a Manager of a technical team.
* 5+ years as an individual contributor on an IT Operations or Engineering team where writing code was part of your role.
* Experience with automation, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and continuous delivery technology.
* Experience working across timezones and managing a global team.
* Demonstrated financial acumen; ability to set and manage to a budget.
* BS in Computer Science, or a STEM discipline strongly preferred.
* Willingness to travel internationally to visit your awesome team.
Nice to Have:
* Prior experience working in a startup environment highly desired.
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness Discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter Subsidies
* Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.