Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Rally Health is looking for an IT Systems Engineer II to join our IT Team. You are expected to assist in maintaining and improving the server, cloud, and directory infrastructure on which the rest of the company depends. You will spend roughly equal parts of time working independently, collaborating with other members of the IT organization, and collaborating with other departments like Security, Ops/DevOps, and Engineering. This role will require significant organizational, research, and workload management skills.
* Own the IT AWS environment using modern config based tools such as Terraform and Ansible
* Build and maintain Linux and Windows-based server solutions for IT needs in AWS and ESXi
* Tackle and repair linux hosts via command line (Ubuntu, bash)
* Develop and maintain automation scripts, submit PRs, and participate in code reviews (github)
* Build monitors and alerts to keep uptime high, and incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, New Relic)
* Collaborate with other departments to ensure business IT infrastructure needs are met
* Collaborate with other IT teams to help them with their projects
* Remediate security vulnerabilities in the IT server environments
* Support company efforts to achieve compliance with SOC2, HITRUST, and other certifications
* Continuously evaluate advancements in server, cloud, directory, and related technologies
* Lead automated patch management and updates
* Learn to handle and improve the Active Directory environment from other team members
* Individual Responsibilities:
* Keep personal JIRA queue updated, respond to email and chats, handle personal calendar
* Help IT maintain good working relationships with other teams
* Seek opportunities for professional development
* participate in a reasonably shared on-call rotation
* We handle healthcare data, so you'll be expected to observe HIPAA and related laws, and think critically about decision-making and data-defense
* 5-8 years of systems support (combination of 3-5 AWS + 2 years or more of Linux server, Windows server, or Active Directory support
* Proficient with one or more non-bash scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
* Experience with container hosting platforms like Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.
* Experience administering and configuring Ubuntu hosts using tools like Ansible, Packer, or Chef
* Some experience in maintaining databases like DB technologies like MS SQL or Postgres
* Proficiency in networking or a coding language
* 2-4 years of experience automating through a scripting language
* 2-4 years of experience being a senior member of a technical team
* Great teammate, can operate independently and shows initiative
* Willing to make mistakes and learn from them
* Bonus Points for AWS Associate or Professional certs
Education - Bachelor's degree (technical concentration preferred)
Our projects are run without regard to geography. You will be working on teams with members in Washington, D.C., Chicago, and San Francisco, so we are looking for you to join any of those offices.
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a company providing personalized data-driven information and recommendations.