Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families!
Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service
provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
Come join the leading provider of integrated, cloud-based human capital solutions. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
We're seeking an individual with a minimum of 7 years' experience with DB2UDB and 3 years with MongoDB database systems.
Develop and communicate database strategies and roadmaps
Develop business cases around use of new technology or new features within an existing technology
Work with multiple infrastructure teams to ensure complex designs are properly vetted and onboard
Identify opportunities to optimize database technology to reduce run-rate
Work collaboratively with business leaders to understand application roadmaps and develop appropriate database technology solutions to support those initiatives
Operationalize new technology and ensure that Operational staff is properly trained on its use
Identify enhancements to existing processes through use of automation technologies
* Expertise in managing DB2 distributed v9.1, v9.5, v10.1, v10.5, v11 on Unix platforms
* Knowledge and understanding of MongoDB v3.x, v4.x
* Expertise in configuring DB2 partitioning, encryption, HA
* Expertise in other database technologies such as MongoDB and/or PostgresDB
* Expertise on Shell scripting
* Expertise in database performance tuning and security
* Expertise in database data migration tools ex:
* Expertise in use of tools like AQT, TOAD, MongoDB Ops manager
* Expertise in virtualization such as VMWare
* Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching
* Exposure to monitoring tools like BMC Patrol, NewRelic
* Backup and restore utilities such as NetBackup
* Should be able to automate programs using Shell scripting, PL/SQL
* Should be able to troubleshoot using basic Unix commands
* Handled multiple complex recovery scenarios
* Service Management expertise using SNOW will be considered a plus, but not required.
* z/Linux and Solaris skills a plus, but not required.
Soft Skills required
* Attention to Detail
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to develop strategy and roadmaps involving database technologies
* Ability to develop business cases to justify business and technology spend
* Ability to problem solve atypical situations and have strong aptitude for learning new technologies
* Possess a keen interest within database technologies by understanding new current/forthcoming versions (e.g. DB2 V11.5, MongoDB V4.0, Postgres 11.1, etc.)
* Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
* Must have a passion for providing excellent support to all types of users as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills
* Must possess organizational proficiencies to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
* Must be a team player and can interact with multiple levels of personnel within the organization
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor's degree in computer science / information system / Electronics Engineering or equivalent
ITIL certified - Added advantage.
DB2UDB/MongoDB Database Specialization:
DB2UDB certified professional - Added advantage
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Alight is a Certified Great Place to Work!
We are proud to have recently been certified as a Great Place to Work® following an independent analysis by the Great Place to Work® Institute the global authority in helping organizations around the world build high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures!
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.