Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People's Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Systems Analyst IV, you will analyze business functions, processes and procedures to provide solution recommendations, including system specifications and business process implication, based on business objectives, business requirements and cost effectiveness. Collaborate with others in system development and design which may include database, report and interface design. May assist in development of test plans and coordination or performance of testing as well as triage of issues, anomalies, opportunities to improve solutions. Provide analysis and recommendations on complex or abstract problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Guided by area and individual objectives, receives guidance in only the most complex situations. Analysis is consistent with organization's objectives. Demonstrate specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise and broad domain and business knowledge that other reply upon. Has skill to develop standards for function at practice level, not just project level.
What you'll do
* Represent business within Agile delivery team and across IT. Develop and maintain a strong relationship with business stakeholders, including executives and senior business and IT leaders. Demonstrate deep expertise of aligned business domain as well as breadth of interactions with supporting IT and business areas, including knowledge of key stakeholders, business and technology strategies. Act as a liaison with business stakeholders by planning, conducting and leading analysis efforts for new system implementations as well as system upgrades and maintenance.
* Collaborate with business partners, IT partners and delivery teams on highly complex business challenges to develop clear and concise documentation of objectives/value; Identify, refine and document business requirements in the form of epics, features and user stories with clear acceptance criteria and minimum viable product or in the form of user cases, business requirements, functional requirements, UI specifications and business rules. Follow industry standard methodologies and guidelines to write technical and support documentation. Use wide range of techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use case, story mapping, and task and workflow analysis.
* Demonstrate strong knowledge of data considerations within multiple domains and advanced knowledge of data extract and transport tools. Create advanced queries to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad hoc reporting as needed. Complete more advanced data modeling when needed.
* May lead or participate in multiple testing efforts through the SDLC and mentor and coach junior analysts in proper testing tools/techniques. Build test plans, test suites, test scenarios and analyze data from tests. Create test strategy and/or enhance existing testing strategy. May provide direction and support for UAT. May develop business testing strategies, plan cases and conditions; test and monitor testing efforts; review and approve new system behavior to ensure alignment with business requirements and objectives.
* Identify emerging trends in IT solutions in order to better align technical solutions with customer needs and ensuring the delivered solution meets customer requirements
What you'll bring
* Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science and eight (8+) or more years of business systems analysis experience.
* Experience in a software development environment with Agile development practices, including Scrum and SAFe. Knowledge of project delivery models including Agile and waterfall.
* Experience using SQL for data analysis.
* Experience with healthcare or health insurance industry.
* Knowledge of product development tools including Azure DevOps Services, Visual Studio, Confluence, and Product Plan.
* Customer-focused, with demonstrated ability to understand and align to the strategic impact/value of the business needs and the flexibility to quickly adjust to changing needs and priorities.
* Detailed understanding of business strategies, needs and process within aligned domain and high level understanding of supporting business and IT domains; clearly explains them to the delivery team.
* Advanced ability to dissect information and organize, translate and cross-reference requirements effectively.
* Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences, including business and IT leadership and executives; Ability to influence decisions on technology direction; Creates compelling and effective visualizations. Ability to explain technical details to non-technical users.
* Make well-informed strategic-level decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; sought out by others for advice and solutions; possesses the credibility to influence leadership on strategic direction; key contributor to strategic thinking.
* Master problem solving skills leveraging a variety of techniques to assess root cause analysis, demonstrated ability to proactively prevent problems from occurring and work issues to resolution.
* Strong facilitation skills; ability to facilitate large, diverse group discussions on extremely complex topics to achieve defined outcomes; leverages a variety of facilitation techniques depending on the specific needs of the audience and topic.
* Comfortable with change or uncertainty; ability to bring clarity to ambiguous highly complex requirements or scenarios.
What we offer
* Medical, vision and dental coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
* Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
* Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
* Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at email@example.com or via phone at 425-918-4785.